There are many websites that anybody can look to for more information but a pretty concise definition can be found on Wikipedia, which is where I found this quote:
Hypotonia - a.k.a. "low muscle tone"
"The low muscle tone associated with hypotonia must not be confused with low muscle strength or the definition commonly used in body building. Neurological muscle tone is a manifestation of periodic action potentials from motor neurons. As it is an intrinsic property of the nervous system, it cannot be changed through voluntary control, exercise, or diet.
- "True muscle tone is the inherent ability of the muscle to respond to a stretch. For example, quickly straighten the flexed elbow of an unsuspecting child with normal tone, will cause their biceps to contract in response (automatic protection against possible injury). When the perceived danger has passed, (which the brain figures out once the stimulus is removed), the muscle relaxes and returns to its normal resting state."
- '...The child with low tone has muscles that are slow to initiate a muscle contraction, contract very slowly in response to a stimulus, and cannot maintain a contraction for as long as his 'normal' peers. Because these low-toned muscles do not fully contract before they again relax (muscle accommodates to the stimulus and so shuts down again), they remain loose and very stretchy, never realizing their full potential of maintaining a muscle contraction over time. '"
This is Anna's main obstacle.
After thinking about this issue tonight, I realize something important that should not be overlooked.
I know that Jesus is real and that He is all powerful. He says "My power is made perfect in weakness". This is incredible when you consider people who have struggles with physical strength, among thousands of other things. Annalise has opportunity for great joy because of this low tone, it leaves room for Jesus to manifest His strength so obviously in her.
When we are weak, we are strong! Now, I know this is more than just physical, although that is surely included. The spirit can be weak as well and while I understand that prayer is powerful, the Lord has a perfect will in what He brings to pass; even if that means cancer or losing a job, etc.
The Lord has a way of stripping us from the things we hold so dear, so that we will perhaps grope for HIM, with nothing else attached to our hearts. That is His mercy at work! Mercy, because if we held onto other things instead of Jesus, it could mean the eternal death of us, and at the very least, a minimal relationship with the all-loving creator of our very being. So in the being made weak process, we are hopefully being drawn to seek Him and trust Him and ultimately have the power of Christ resting on us.
2 Corinthians 12:
"...So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Acts 17:26-27:
"...And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us..."

No comments:
Post a Comment